Customer Case Study
“We needed two partners — one that could host the technology for us and one that could help us implement it.
MavenWire solved both of those problems for us.”
Delivering the Next Generation Logistics Platform for a Transportation Services Company
Designing OTM for a multi-tenant environment
Averitt Express is a leading transportation services company with approximately $1 billion annual revenue. Operating more than 100 service centers, Averitt services thousands of points throughout the southern U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. International transportation services are provided to 100 countries and more than 300 destinations worldwide.
Averitt’s product offerings include LTL, TL, dedicated fleet, brokerage, warehousing solutions, international freight management and transportation management. Averitt had several disparate transportation management systems and wanted to move to a single system, best-of-breed Oracle Transportation Management.
The solution had to be scalable and built with flexibility for 3PL customers. As a customer-focused company, Averitt needed to have the capability to tailor the solution to fit each individual customer.
- To meet the broad range of their customer’s requirements, Averitt needed a partner with expertise in the logistics service provider industry, OTM solution design and OTM technical hosting capabilities.
- Averitt had a need for better cross-customer collaborative optimization technology.
- Better transportation contract management capabilities were necessary.
- More flexible reporting and analytics tools were essential.
- Averitt needed a partner that would not only help them achieve their early phase goals but also enable Averitt to become self-sufficient in the on-boarding of future clients.
- Averitt customers have high expectations of system performance and availability.
- MavenWire worked with Averitt to design and deliver a scalable multi-tenant LSP solution with a documented repeatable on-boarding methodology for Averitt’s customers.
- Legacy systems were replaced with a single instance of OTM (Oracle Transportation Management. Solution highlights include:
- An end-to-end order-to-cash solution.
- Planning Optimization.
- ERP and Carrier connectivity.
- Robust financials support for both carrier payment and customer billing.
- Sourcing for historical shipment analysis and rate negotiations.
- Transportation analytics (FTI) platform for detailed analysis and reporting.
- Scalable hosting solution to support current needs and future growth of Averitt business.
- OTM modules include; core; operational planning; cooperative routing; freight payment, billing and claims; and forwarding and brokerage; and fusion transportation intelligence.
- MavenWire delivered a reusable implementation model enabling Averitt to accelerate and simplify the on-boarding process.
- MavenWire hosting services have exceeded expectations with an average SLA of 99% uptime.
- A single multi-tenant platform enables opportunities for cross-shipper collaboration, including increased consolidation opportunities, increased opportunities to identify backhauls across customers, and ability to understand KPI benchmarks.
- Averitt saw a 33% increase in customer service productivity through the electronic carrier connectivity and automation of daily workflow.
- Cost savings have been recognized through shipment optimization and increased user productivity.
- With OTM in place, Averitt can expand its array of service offerings across multiple industries using a single solution. Customer onboarding time was reduced due to OTM, which can host multiple customers securely and economically.
Contact with MavenWireIf you would like to find out how MavenWire can help you optimise your logistics function, please fill in the form and one of our experts will be in touch.
* Required fields